Saturday, January 17, 2009

CRAZY WEEK!

Started out getting a lot done this week. Got the furnace lines bled on Monday, although I took a shot of hot water to the face and down the turtle neck......then I got the rest of the pictures in order, but couldn't find albums that suited me, so those are in a holding pattern. The rest of the week was fun with snow, school cancellations and bitter cold temps. This morning we were going to go to a pancake breakfast.......but our water line to the one toilet had other ideas! Frozen! It only dropped to 23 below last night! Only line in the house to freeze was the one to fill the toilet in hubby's handicapped bathroom!!!! So that was how my day got started and it was a LONG one! Couldn't get into hubby's workshop to get the tools I needed, as the lock was frozen.......went to Dad's to get tools......ooopps~!! need a couple more tools and a pry bar......OOppS! Dad's garage was locked and he wasn't home.....so I sat and texted in the driveway until he was home from coffee break! :) Then it was back home and back to fighting with the pipe! Hubby was upset that he couldn't help, but the cold is just not good for him, and with his brain injury, you never know how he'll attack a project.....thus it was up to me to fix the darn thing. As of 6:30 tonight, all is well and flushing again! :)

On a happier note, I did get to go to a Pampered Chef show last night! What fun! I haven't been to one in a LONG time. The place I went was the last show I did the night before my hubby had his accident! What a weird feeling that was. Anyway, had good food, good laughter and even won a cookbook. Glad I slept good last night, as today was a long and irritable one! I did get a few cookies baked and made a batch of rice krispies.....(that was during the break I took when I was really ticked off at the pipe)!

Hoping to get to a movie tomorrow! There are a couple new ones out that sound really good. Figure I'll have to shovel a bit in the morning, but we could use another coating to cover the tire tracks! :O

1 comment:

Missy said...

Stacey your days are so full...and so interesting to read about!

Love ya...