Sunday, January 4, 2009

CRAZY WEEK!
What a fun, crazy, busy week! Trans Siberian Orchestra along with my daughter and 4 others was a blast. We have started doing this as a yearly tradition. After the show we stop for supper at Chipotle's! YUM! This year had a bit of a twist as I had to take hubby to Dr. for a knee injection before the show. Luckily my dad was able to come along and then bring him home after his appt.
I spent a lot of the week mucking out areas that really needed attention. That is such a good feeling. We even got to take in a couple ball games on Saturday! That was stressful, fun, exciting and painful. At least for my hubby. He struggles with chronic pain and during the last game, he got his leg bumped and that caused a HUGE amount of pain. Had to wait until most everyone was out of our section before we could leave. He is now using a walker until the pain lessens. This is part of the problem with chronic pain. It just won't give up......thus the knee injections. We are praying for relief from some of the pain. He has had 2 and tomorrow is his last. Then the Dr. says we have to give it another 3 weeks to see if that helps. If not, we will be looking at exploratory surgery as another option to try and locate the source of the pain.
Today after church, I have just been a bit lazy. I worked with some recipes that needed mailed out, read a book and am now cooking a big pot of Tortellini soup! Party Mix will be hitting the oven soon. Fog has rolled in and we can hardly see across the road. The birds are munching up a bunch of my goodies, but refuse to touch the treats I have put on our recycled Christmas tree! :( They are eating everything else out there, and I even joked that they have curly tails (like a piggy)!
Kids go back to school tomorrow, but I am off work until Wednesday. It seems odd to be home so long, but I have thoroughly enjoyed it! Looking forward to a new year and all that it brings. Been looking at some new books I got for Christmas and thinking up a few ideas for "mystery trips". Love to visit new and different places!
Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Weren't those games FUN!Sorry S got bumped tho...What is the recipe for tortellini soup?Sounds yummy.Enjoy your next couple of days off!