Friday, February 6, 2009

Oh the Pain!

I am not feeling the greatest right now. Was to the Dr. on Wednesday for horrible pain under my shoulder blade. This has been going on for several weeks and has steaily been getting worse. I was eating a LOT of advil, but Wednesday I reached the point that even breathing was hurting so much I wasn't sure what to do! The advil never kicked in, so I called the Dr. around 10 and went in at 10:30, which was nice. He said I have inflammation under the shoulder blade area, probably caused from a lot of coughing from asthma trouble over the last couple weeks. Just got really inflammed and sore. So I am on a course of steroids and prescription anti-inflammatories to see if that helps. If if is not a LOT better in a week, I have to go back and he wants to inject cortisone in the area that hurts. So far, no improvement, or very little. Coughing and sneezing about brings tears and breathing anything other than shallow breathes is tough.

On a happier note, I am making serious strides towards writing a book!!! Called a publisher this week for pricing!!! and am actually getting started. It will be 10 years in Sept. since hubby had his accident and I have been wanting to do this for about that long. I feel our journey has been blessed in many ways by following Christ and I want to share with others. Not that I'm saying we haven't had struggles along the way, but I feel the way has been easier with God's help. So many books on brain injury are clinical or depressing! That is not the way this one will be. Now I have to work out the following issues: 1. Do I have the $ to invest in this project? 2. Will people really buy and read this thing? 3. How many copies would I need to order? 4. Can I get it done in a timely manner? 5. How do I choose the right publisher? Any thoughts, prayers or info anyone has about this subject would be greatly appreciated! I really feel strongly about this project, just need to get the ball rolling. I'm calling another publisher today to compare prices, so maybe that will help things along.

Sad to hear that our snow may be heading for a meltdown! I love the snow, although I could do without the ice. Our driveway is nothing but ice right now. A wonderful neighbor said if it melts like it's supposed to, he's coming over to use a plow and push the slush off the driveway so it won't freeze up again. He's also going to clear a path to hubby's workshop, as I have to put my vehicle in 4 wheel drive and drive him to it right now. Kind of a red neck operation, if you ask me! :)

No comments: