Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Are you wondering where 2009 went? So am I! Seems like just a year ago it started, now it's gone....but anyway, Happy New Year to all. We traveled to Virginia for a wonderful Christmas with my brother and his wife. They had 20" of snow!!!! That made the trip awesome in our thoughts! We spent some extra time there, so we could relax and enjoy some of the "local stuff" instead of just running down, opening gifts, then heading home again! We spent Christmas day with my sister in law's extended family up the mountain at her parents. This included a rowdy grab bag exchange and a delicious new dip that we loved! It was a hot artichoke dip that we plan on making at home soon. Christmas Eve was a delicious night spent at Red Lobster, as this is our yearly tradition and gift from my dad! Yum!
Since we are home, I have been gearing up for my Mom's family to arrive on Saturday for our Christmas in Ohio! 23 people and lots of yummy foods. I always make table favors, even if it's not at our house, and this year was no different. Can't put a picture on here yet, or tell you what it is, but check back after tomorrow and I'll try to show you the cute, edible favors I made. I think everything is in place, including the ice on the driveway! Not much I can do about that, but the kids assured me they will help to carry in the food and gifts, as well as help people maneuver the tricky steps over the ice cruchies!
May you all have a happy and blessed New Year!

No comments: