Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Crazy Cows and Red Jammies

What a crazy night...but then aren't they all at the Beck house??? Anyway, last night I was really tired, so I put my jammies on around 6:30 p.m. Ready to relax the evening away. Then came a knock at the door and it was the neighbor who told me to grab my keys she needs help...there were cows all over our yard. Earlier I had heard our little dog yapping up a storm...nothing new there! Chris had put the dogs in their kennel early, as it was starting to rain, and Sobe likes to bark at everything in the free world. Well, this time, she had good reason. There was a stampede in our yard and I had no clue! So we took off for the farmer who owns them (my brother-in-law) would say he's not really a neighbor, and told him his cows were loose and were aerating our lawn! Now this wasn't all bad, as Chris has it pretty well packed down from riding the 4 wheeler. Anyway, the neighbor who sounded the alarm had to go to a baby shower, so I stayed out with her son (in my red jammies) to try to keep the cows at bay! At one point he said, "sure hope there's not a bull in there", and said, "hey, I'm wearing red!" Then I asked him what he would do if there was a bull and he calmly told me "RUN"! :0 Well, no bull was there, and soon the farmer showed up to calmly whistle at the cows to get them to cooperate. I was mooing, to no avail, and all he did was whistle! I made a mental note to grab a coat to cover the red jammies next time.....it was a bit chilly last night!

Oh yeah, in the previous post I said Erica had a virus....well, she did, but then Saturday night/early Sunday morning she woke me saying she had barfed!!! Well, that continued for quite a few hours....and if you remember my new meds are causing nausea....and that is NOT a good combination! But we survived! :)

No comments: