Monday, March 9, 2009

NEW BABY!!!

What a whirlwind of a week we had last week! Scott's brother and wife were due to have their first baby on March 10th. On Wed. when we left PT I got a call from Scott's sister, expecting it to be the baby call, but instead it was a call saying that Scott's brother was in the hospital. Irregular heart rate detected at a regular physical. He was taken to the hospital to have it checked and they put him into the ICU!!! That was on Wed. Thursday at work, my mother in law called to tell me my sister in law went into labor after the craziness of Wed. and had delivered a little girl! Bad part was, she was at a different hospital than her husband! So after work on Thursday we traveled to Mansfield to see our new niece! She is so adorable. Then on Friday we took off for Mt. Vernon to see Scott's brother. Had a good visit, but they were not having much luck in getting the heart back to a normal rhythm. We got home and about an hour later got a call that he was being transferred to Riverside in Columbus!!! Scott then proceeded to have a minor accident in his workshop which resulted in a VERY sore and swollen finger for a couple days.
After checking out the finger, I was putting steaks on the grill when I saw a large cloud of black smoke rising up from a place by the business beside us that it really didn't belong! Looked out over the railing of the deck and saw flames about 15 ft. high pouring out of the dumpster! Called the fire dept. and continued cooking the steaks. Just glad I saw it when I did.
Saturday morning I woke up with a stomach bug that hung around until Sunday night. Had to miss a birthday party for my cousin and had to cancel small group from church! Talked to my sister in law and she said they would be doing a bunch of tests on her hubby on Monday morning.
Monday came and Scott and I headed to Riverside Hospital in Columbus. After a heart cath and a couple other tests they decided to shock my brother in laws heart back into rhythm. At this point, he is resting well and his wife was finally able to go and see him this afternoon. He still hasn't gotten to see or hold his little girl, but has seen pictures. He will be in the hospital for a couple more days, but we are so thankful that prayers have been answered and he should be home soon!
Don't you just love how crazy our weeks are? I'm not sure what I would do if we had a calm, "normal" week! Not even sure if I would know one if we had one! :) Life is good, and we are so thankful for all we have.

2 comments:

Hummel Family said...

Oh my! That's a lot of drama! I am so glad things are looking better for Scott's brother.

I am curious, what caused the fire in the dumpster? I love how you continued on with your grilling!! :)

4becks said...

The dumpster fire is an ongoing issue! The business beside us is a finish shop. When the workers get lazy, they throw their rags into the dumpster, which in turn causes self-combustion!!! Anyway, we haven't had this happen for about 2 years. Used to happen about once a month. Sometimes in the middle of the night! ;)