Monday, March 2, 2009

HARD WEEK!

Tough week here in Benton. Our neighbor and former babysitter's husband fatally shot his wife, son and then took his own life. I also worked with the husband. So hard to believe that anyone could get that low and depressed. Very nice family and they leave one married daughter behind. Kids are still having some trouble sleeping, and so am I.
Then there was a threat made at school this past week. Wasn't sure if I wanted the kids to go to school today or not. We prayed about it and finally I left it up to them. The school will have deputies there today and there is a prayer group of kids meeting as soon as they get to school. The threat was specific for "something" to happen today. I would appreciate all your prayers as you are reading this. I know God is with the, and keeping them home today would only make me wonder, if nothing happens today, will something happen tomorrow. I am mostly at peace with the decision, just really wish they would figure out who wrote the threat and remove them from school.
Scott is doing somewhat better. We managed to go to Canton shopping for a bit on Saturday, then wanted to eat at the Olive Garden. Got there a little after 4 and they told us the wait was approx. 45 min!!!! See ya! We left and went to Carrabba's! Delicious! Kind of glad we went there instead. We had only eaten there once before several years ago.
Yesterday was a 3 ring circus here! My cousins wife and little boys stopped for a while, then Chris went running with a friend. We decided to order pizza and my cousin joined us, as well as Erica's boyfriend and Chris and his buddy. Pizza sure didn't last long. But soon after the pizza disappeared, my Mom showed up with 3 loaves of fresh, warm sourdough bread!!! That went pretty quick too! :)

3 comments:

Hummel Family said...

Erica told me all about this story with your neighbor. What a tragedy. I will continue to pray for the daughter and also for you and all the neighbors and friends.

I have been praying for Hiland today. I think its awesome that a prayer group was in action before school. AWESOME KIDS!

Hope you have a good HEALTHY week.

4becks said...

Thanks for the prayers! I am so thankful we live where prayer is the first line of defense and that our kids think of that!!! We continue to struggle with the neighborhood shooting, and then we had this other junk added to our plate. Still thankful I live where I do, as this is not the norm as it seems to be in other areas!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you.I had Wayne in Kindergarten a long time ago.And I knew Mary too.So sad!And then the Hiland stuff.I think it's great that there was a prayer group at school...there are some great kids out there!